Education & Training
- DO, Midwestern University, Glendale, AZ
- Residency: Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC
- Fellowship: University of North Carolina Hospitals/Graduate Medical Education, Chapel Hill, NC
- BS, University of Michigan
1. Blackburn JT, Pamukoff, DN, Sakr, M, Vaughan, AJ, & Berkoff, DJ. Whole Body and Local Muscle Vibration Reduce Artificially Induced Quadriceps Arthrogenic Inhibition. Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Jul 2014; 95(11), 2021-2028.
2. Berkoff D, Sakr M. Corrected Error Video vs PT Instructed Home Exercise Program: Accuracy of Performing Therapeutic Exercises. Clin J Sport Med. Mar 2014; 24(2):166.
3. Sakr M, Mounsey A. Priority Updates from the Research Literature - Injection may be the best bet for young athletes’ knee pain. J Fam Pract. Aug 2012; 61(08):486-488.
Clinical and teaching areas of interest include therapeutic biologics, ultrasound guided procedures, and diagnostics, concussion management, postconcussion syndrome, nutrition, and general sports medicine. Research interests and studies ongoing in PRP injections for musculoskeletal conditions, performance, and sweat testing.