Education & Training
- MD, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA
- Residency: Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA
- Fellowship: University of Pittsburgh Medical School, Pittsburgh, PA
- Fellowship: Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA
Peer Reviewed Articles
- Lin, A, Stout, JE, Rihs, JD, Vickers, RM, Yu, VL. Improved Legionella selective mediaby the addition of fluconazole: Results of in vitro testing and clinical evaluation. Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis. 1999 Jul; 34(3):173-175.
- Gomoll AH, Lin A, Harris MB. Incisional vacuum-assisted closure therapy. J OrthopTrauma. 2006 November/December; 20(10):705-709.
- Fu, FF, Araujo, PH, Lin, A. Double-Bundle ACL Reconstruction with Use of a SingleTibial Tunnel: A Technique or an Anatomic Concept?: Commentary on an article by JinHwan Ahn, MD et al.: “Outcomes and Second-Look Arthroscopic Evaluation After Double-Bundle Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction with Use of a Single Tibial Tunnl” J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2011; 93(20):e121 1-3
- Raiss, P, Lin, A, Mizuno, N, Melis, B, and Walch, G. Results of the Latarjet procedurefor recurrent anterior dislocation of the shoulder in patients with epilepsy. J Bone Joint Surg Br. 2012; 94-B: 1260-1264.
- Delaney, R, Lin, A, Warner JJ. Nonarthroplasty options for the management of massiveand irreparable rotator cuff tears. Clin Sports Med. 2012; 31(4): 727-748.
- Salzler, M, Lin, A, Miller, C, Herold, S, Irrgang, J, and Harner, C. Complicationsfollowing arthroscopic knee surgery. Am J Sports Med. 2014 Feb;42(2):292-6
- Shi, LS, Boykin, RE, Lin, A, Warner JJ. Association of suprascapular neuropathy withrotator cuff tendon tears and fatty degeneration. J Shoulder Elbow Surg. 2014 Mar;23(3):339-46
- Leclare, L, Shi, L, Lin, A, Yannopoulos, P, Higgins, L, Warner JJ. Complete fattyinfiltration of intact rotator cuffs caused by suprascapular neuropathy. Arthroscopy 2014 May; 30(5): 639-44.
- Black, E, Lin, A, Srikumara, U, Jain, N, and Freehill, MT. Arthroscopic transosseousrotator cuff repair: Technical note, outcomes, and complications. Orthopedics 2015May; 38(5): e352-8.
- Shi LL, Mullen M, Freehill MT, Lin A, Warner JJP, Higgins LD. Long head of bicepssubluxation as predictor for subscapularis tears. Arthroscopy 2015 April; 31(4): 615-9.
- Yaseen, Z, Cortazzo, M, Bolland, M, Lin, A. Lateral antebrachial cutaneous nervecompression after subpectoral biceps tenodesis: A case report. JSES 2015Jul;24(7):e195-9.
- Ramappa, A, Gholston, J, McGlaston, T, Lin, A, and DeAngelis, J. Return to drivingafter arthroscopic rotator cuff surgery: patient-reported safety and maneuverability. J Surg Orthop Adv 2015 Summer;24(2):125-9.
- Chang, E, Zou, J, Costello, J, Lin, A. The accuracy of MRI in predicting intraoperativetear characteristics of pectoralis major ruptures. JSES Oct 2015.
- Gasbarro, G, Sakr, M, Lin, A. Diagnostic and therapeutic applications of ultrasound inthe shoulder and elbow. Accepted JAAOS 2016.
- Gasbarro, G, Giugale, Walch, G, Lin, A. Complications following Latarjet reconstruction. Abstract submitted to ISAKOS 2017. Submitted to JSES 2016.
Presentations, Posters, Abstracts, Book Chapters, and Other Proceedings
- 1. American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine, Podium Presentation 2011
- Goyal, K, Tashman, S, Wang, J, Lin, A, Zhang, X, and Harner, C. In vivo Analysis of theIsolated Posterior Cruciate Ligament-Deficient Knee During Functional Activities.
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine, Podium Presentation 2013
- Salzler, M, Lin, A, Miller, C, Herold, S, Irrgang, J, and Harner, C. Complications Following Arthroscopic Knee Surgery.
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Podium Presentation 2015
- Shi LL, Mullen M, Freehill MT, Lin A, Warner JJP, Higgins LD. Long head of bicepssubluxation as predictor for subscapularis tears.
- American Society for Microbiology, 1996. Lin, A, Stout, JE, Rihs, JD, Vickers, RM, Yu, VL. Improved Legionella Selective Mediaby the Addition of Fluconazole: Results of in vitro Testing and Clinical Evaluation. American Orthopaedic Association, 2011.
- Ramappa, A, Gholston, J, McGlaston, T, Lin, A, and DeAngelis, J. Return to Driving After Arthroscopic Rotator Cuff Surgery: Patient-Reported Safety and Maneuverability.
- Arthroscopy Association of North America, e-poster, 2012.Black, E, Lin, A, and Warner, JJP. Arthroscopic transosseous rotator cuff repair:Technical note, complications, and early results.
- Orthopaedic Research Society, 2016.Fourman, M, Giugale, J, Gasbarro, G, Zlotnicki, J, Beck, A, Boaykye, L, Kalawadia, J,Rodosky, M, Irrgang, J, Lin, A. Comparing Long Term Clinical Outcomes of Humeral Head Resurfacing with Stemmed Hemiarthroplasty: A Study of 368 Patients.
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, 2012. Kosempa, D, Lin, A, Irrgang, J, andHarner, C. A Systematic Review of Complications Reporting in Clinical Trials in Sports Medicine.
- Lin, A, Guest editor, Operative Techniques in Orthopaedics – Shoulder and Rotator Cuff Repair, 2015-Issue #1. Fu, F, chief editor.
- Middleton, K, Lin, A, Araujo, P, and Fu, F. Chapter 7: Double Bundle ACLReconstruction. The Knee: Current Concepts in Kinematics, Injury Patterns, andTreatment. University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA. Nova Publishers,2011
- Lin, A, and West, R. Chapter 21: Realignment for Patellofemoral Arthritis. AAOS Atlas ofEssential Orthopaedic Procedures. University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh,PA, 2013
- Lin, A, and Rodosky, M. Chapter 23: Arthroscopic Subacromial Decompression andDistal Clavicle Resection. AAOS Atlas of Essential Orthopaedic Procedures. Universityof Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA, 2013
- Lin, A, and Rodosky, M. Chapter 5: Anatomic Acromioclavicular Joint Reconstruction.AAOS Atlas of Essential Orthopaedic Procedures. University of Pittsburgh MedicalCenter, Pittsburgh, PA, 2013
- Distefano, J, Lin, A, Higgins, L, and Warner, JJP. Complications of Instability Repair.Shoulder and Elbow: Orthopaedic Knowledge Update 4, 2013.
- Zlotnicki, J, Lin, A. Chapter 3: Shoulder Injuries: Conservative Management, OperativeManagement and Return to Sport. Masterful Care of the Aging Athlete, 2015. Wright, V,chief editor. In Progress.
- Giugale, J, Lin, A, Rabuck, S. Arthroscopic Rotator Cuff Repair. Techniques inOrthopaedic Surgery, 2nd Edition. Stern, S, Bono, C, Saltzman, M editors. In Progress
Shoulder arthroscopy, shoulder arthroplasty, open shoulder surgery, complex shoulder reconstruction including management of shoulder instability, rotator cuff pathology, shoulder osteoarthritis, revision arthroplasty, tendon transfers, complex shoulder pathology, salvage reconstructive scenarios.
Comprehensive arthroscopic and open shoulder experience for residents and fellows.
- 2015 Albert B. Ferguson Grant. Principal Investigator. Evaluation of clinical outcomes, complications, and patient reported outcomes after humeral head resurfacing. Grant amount $5000. Grant period July 1, 2015 to June 30, 2016.
- July, 2015-Current. Giugale, J, Irrgang, J, Lin, A. SLAP repair versus biceps tenodesisin the over 35 year old individual: A randomized, controlled trial. University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA. Grant submitted to AOSSM (Sandy Kirkley Grant).
- July, 2015-Current. Yoshita, M, Debski, R, Musahl, V, Lin, A. Injury patterns of theglenohumeral capsule during anterior dislocation: Implications for surgical stabilization.Orthopaedics Robotics Laboratory. University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA. Grant submitted to OREF.